Motorola Customer Programming Software CPS v2.0
Motorola Customer Programming Software (CPS) Version 2.0 is now available via downloable purchase.
The software is used on radios purchased from September 2019 onwards or radio that have been updated with the latest firmware.
Version CPS 2.0 - Release Date 05.08.19
Please note No Refunds are offered on this product as it is downloadable at point of sale.
***This product is excluded from our Money Back Guarantee***
This software is designed to be used on the following radios:
- Motorola DP1400
- Motorola DP2000 Series (Motorola DP2400e, DP2600e)
- Motorola DP3000 Series (Motorola DP3400, DP3600, DP3441e, DP3661e)
- Motorola DP4000 Series (Motorola DP4400, DP4401, DP4600, DP4601, DP4800, DP4801 including the 'e' Range)
- Motorola ATEX Radios (Motorola DP4401EX & DP4801EX)
- Motorola SL Series Radios (SL1600, SL2600, SL4000 & SL4010)
- Motorola SLR Repeaters (SLR5000 & SLR8000)
- Motorola DM (Mobile and Vehicle Radios)
- Motorola DR3000 and MTR3000
Installation of Motorola Customer Programming Software
- Download via the link provided when purchased
- Unzip file and click install
- Follow the onscreen installation steps
- The software normally requires a few additional windows programs to update before installation, no additional cost just follow instructions and your computer may restart several times.
- Once installed we suggest restarting your computer normally gets rid of any glitches you may experience or issues connecting radios.
- We suggest shutting down other programs like Outlook etc as it can slow your computer down.
- Open your Motorola CPS
- Connect radio using the correct programming cable
- Power on the radio
- Make sure the battery is at least half charged
- Select Read on the top tab
- It will read the radio and show you the current codeplug in the radio
- Go through the options and program as necessary
- Once you have created your code plug, Save and name it clearly so you can find it in the future.
- Now press Write - to send the information back into the radio
- The radio will power down and back up once it has been programmed and notify you on the screen.
- If you wish to connect another radio - connect and then select 'Clone'
So top tips for programming -
- Read your radios before and after and you dont have to rewrite the codeplug from scratch in the CPS if you make a error.
- Always keep a copy of the original blank code plug, when it comes to selling the radio later you can load it back to factory settings easily.
- Each radio model has its own code plug so you can only Clone a DP4400 using a DP4400 code plug.
- Read = Reads the Radio
- Write = send the code plug to the radio with the matching serial number on the code plug
- Clone = Sends the code plug to another radio which is the same model and copies the Radio ID and Name
- Clone Express - Copies the code plug but without the Radio ID and Radio Name.
- If you are using a IP Site Connect, Capacity Plus, Linked Capacity Plus/Capacity Max System all radios must have a unique Radio ID (Find it in the General Tab)
- Keep it simple when it comes to giving your radios ID and Keep a excel document of the details.
Software Ownership & Download Disclaimer
For convenience, we offer software for download instead of physical CD delivery. Software provided by Radio Shop is supplied free of charge. Any fee you pay to us in the process of obtaining software should be regarded as a "download and administration fee", which simply covers the cost of data file storage and the bandwidth used when downloading the software. The "download and administration fee" can range from £9.99+VAT to £99+VAT and is directly proportional to the size of the files and the quantity of files available for download. Any software Radio Shop provides will remain the property of the manufacturer and, whilst you are free to use it to configure your radio or device, you will NOT own the software.
No Refund Policy
Radio Shop will not, under any circumstances, refund the "download and administration fee".
Software Support Unavailable
Unfortunately, we cannot offer technical support for self-programming two way radios. If you choose to program your own radio, we urge that you allow plenty of time to self-learn about your radio and the programming process - it's not always straightforward. We offer a programming service but this comes at an additional charge.