Version R02.10.10.0001 - Release Date 22.01.20
Motorola SL4000 Firmware Update (CPS 2.0)
For Motorola SL4000 Series Portable Radios For portables already containing R2.10 system release firmware, Codeplug Version 15.05.13. Note: CPS 2.0 / RM Version 22.214.171.124 or later must be used with this release.
Please note No Refunds are offered on this product as it is downloadable at point of sale.
***This product is excluded from our Money Back Guarantee***
This Motorola Radio Firmware is designed to be used on the following radios and software:
- Motorola SL4000 Radio
- Motorola SL4010 Radio
- Motorola SL4010e Radio
- Motorola CPS v2.0
Please note you only need to purchase one to update all your radios. Once updated it cannot be backdated to the older Firmware!
Installation of Motorola Radio Firmware
- Download via the link provided when purchased
- Unzip file and click install
- Follow the onscreen installation steps
- The Firmware package will be added to you Motorola CPS (you must have CPS 2.0)
- We suggest shutting down other programs like Outlook etc as it can slow your computer down.
- Open your Motorola CPS
- Connect radio using the correct programming cable
- Power on the radio
- Make sure the battery is at least half charged
- Select Update on the top tab
- It will read the radio and tell you if it needs updating
- Select the update - Press OK
- It will now begin to update
- Do not Power Down or Disconnect
- Once complete the software will notify you
- It may turn the radio on and off several times just leave it alone
- Once complete move onto the next radio if you have any
- Now if you Read the radio (Press Read at the top of software) you will see the latest firmware features in the Code Plug.
Please note version 2.0 will let you read the radios with older firmwares but you will not be able to write to them until you update the Firmware.
So top tip - Read your radios before and after and you dont have to rewrite the codeplug from scratch in the CPS.