Motorola CLK, CLP, XT400 Series & XTNI Programming Software
Motorola Customer Programming Software (CPS) is now available via downloable purchase.
Version R04.00 - Release Date 09.07.17
Please note No Refunds are offered on this product as it is downloadable at point of sale.
***This product is excluded from our Money Back Guarantee***
This software is designed to be used on the following radios:
- Motorola CLK Radios
- Motorola CLP Radios
- Motorola XT420 and XT460 Radios
- Motorola XTNI Radios
Installation of Motorola Customer Programming Software
- Download via the link provided when purchased
- Unzip file and click install
- Follow the onscreen installation steps
- The software normally requires a few additional windows programs to update before installation, no additional cost just follow instructions and your computer may restart several times.
- Once installed we suggest restarting your computer normally gets rid of any glitches you may experience or issues connecting radios.
- We suggest shutting down other programs like Outlook etc as it can slow your computer down.
- Open your Motorola CPS
- Connect radio using the correct programming cable
- Power on the radio
- Make sure the battery is at least half charged
- Select Read on the top tab
- It will read the radio and show you the current codeplug in the radio
- Go through the options and program as necessary
- Once you have created your code plug, Save and name it clearly so you can find it in the future.
- Now press Write - to send the information back into the radio
- The radio will power down and back up once it has been programmed and notify you on the screen.
- If you wish to connect another radio - connect and then select 'Clone'
So top tips for programming -
- Read your radios before and after and you dont have to rewrite the codeplug from scratch in the CPS if you make a error.
- Always keep a copy of the original blank code plug, when it comes to selling the radio later you can load it back to factory settings easily.
- Each radio model has its own code plug so you can only Clone a XT420 using a XT420 code plug.
- Read = Reads the Radio
- Write = send the code plug to the radio with the matching serial number on the code plug
- Clone = Sends the code plug to another radio which is the same model and copies the Radio ID and Name